Claypole's World - The SQL Server Side

Concerning development of bespoke applications and database administration.

My new SQL 2008 Internals Book!!!

I say my but really of course I mean “our” :o).  It’s been a fantastic experience and I have got to know some great people and had a lot of fun, stress heartache and now joy.  Big thanks to the team at Wrox, especially Ami and of course my fellow authors and contributors, Jonathan Kehayias and Cindy Gross.

cover

Not much more to say than it’ll be available in all good bookshops in January but don’t let that stop you getting your pre-orders in now :).

So in the style of Murray Walker “Buy! Buy! Buy!”

Cheers, James

@jrowlandjones

Published Friday, November 13, 2009 11:15 AM by James.Rowland-Jones

Comment Notification

Subscribe to this post's comments using RSS

Comments

markm said:

Excellent news to hear of its release.

I know of all the hard work that you put in, so it's brilliant to see it finally go out on the bookshelf!

mark

November 13, 2009 11:26 AM

Mark.Mann said:

Excellent news to hear of its release.

mark

November 13, 2009 11:48 AM

Greg Low said:

Well done James! Always good to see a book out the door. Time to rest for a while or straight back into another one?

Regards,

Greg

November 13, 2009 11:49 AM

Phil Brammer said:

Congrats James!  I can't wait to read it!

November 13, 2009 12:28 PM

simon.munro said:

Well done RJ.  It seems though that when Wrox tradition of putting photos of the author on the cover is skipped when the authors are too old, scruffy or ugly.  It must be at least one of your co-authors because you are neither ;)

November 13, 2009 2:19 PM

James.Rowland-Jones said:

Many thanks everyone.  It's been a lot of work but also a  lot of fun.  Can't say just yet if I'll start up another one just yet.  I'd like to get a SQL Server user group up and running soon. Watch this space!

Cheers, James

November 13, 2009 5:44 PM

Michelle.Flynn said:

That is excellent!

November 13, 2009 6:31 PM

Jen Stirrup said:

Sounds good, look forward to reading it and recommending it to customers who are new to SQL Server.

Cheers,

Jen

November 13, 2009 9:44 PM

James Rowland-Jones said:

Thanks Jen.  I would say though that this book has a lot of low level content in it that might be inappropriate for people just starting out in SQL Server. When discussing the optimistic concurrency for example we examine the actual data pages held inside the version store.  That may be too much for a new person. We the authors feel that we have taken a different approach to writing about SQL Server and hope that there is lots of interesting content for a diverse audience.

Thanks again for checking out the blog and for the tweets. Long may that continue.

Kind Regards, James

@jrowlandjones

November 15, 2009 9:28 AM

Babu.Mstech said:

Great Job!

November 16, 2009 11:22 AM

Peter Hanlon said:

Nice one James

Looking forward to my pre-release copy as promised.  In return I'll buy a copy for all of our dev team.

Who knows, this might just take me to the next level.

Cheers