Now that Visual Studio Team System 2010 Beta 1 and Team Foundation Server 2010 Beta 1 are available on MSDN Subscriber Downloads, we’d like to announce our broad plans for Scrum for Team System.
The next release of Scrum for Team System will be v3.0 and like the prior releases our aim is to ship as soon as possible after release of Team Foundation Server. Some of the significant features of v3.0 include:
- Significant enhancements to overall template modelling, including a new link hierarchy.
- Enhancements to the backend Work Remaining and State Transition services.
- Full integration with the Test and Lab Management toolset.
- 32 and 64-bit Team Foundation Server support.
- Contextual guidance within the template.
- Improved installation experience especially with WSS/MOSS environments and support for “scale out” topologies.
- many more!
At the moment we are working hard on getting a Beta of our template working against TFS 2010 Beta 1 and I will announce here when it is available. We know a lot of you are itching to get your hands on the bits but please be patient whilst we continue with development and testing.
Thank you for your continued support of our template and for making it the most popular process template for Team System (23,000 downloads and counting since v1...).
If you have any feedback on our template and tools we would love to hear about it – please email us at email@example.com